Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Engagement

With engagement comes wedding planning.
With wedding planning comes the chaos.
Chaos= IneedtopressinalittlemoredeeplytotheLordtopreservemysanity.

Thankful for these prayers by JD Grear which I am trying to pray every day to keep me focused on what I need to be-not my fiance, not my wedding, not my friends, not my guest list, not my family, not my flowersdresscolorsschemebridesmaidphotography. No, no. But I need to be focused on my Lord.

-"God, your presence and approval is all I need to have joy today." (His Sufficiency)

-"God, because I am in Christ I know there is nothing I can do today that would make you love me any more, and there is nothing I have done that makes you love me any less." (His Unmerited Love and Grace)

-"God, everything the gospel tells me about your intentions for my life is TRUE." (His Goodness.)

You can read the entire article here:
http://theresurgence.com/greear_staying-centered-on-the-gospel

P.S. Photo by Murph Holder.
P.P.S. October 24th is the date. :-)

4 comments:

Claire said...

These are great reminders. And the good news? Married life is wonderful. Engagement is fun, but tricky.... marriage is fabulous! I'm so excited for you!

murph said...

great prayers! i'm definitely going to start using them.

ahem...can we get a little love for the photographer featured on this post? in addition to my baking and babysitting...i'm trying to get my photography biz off the ground. help a sista out! ;)

Xaris said...

KABLAM! The Holy Spirit just used you to slap me in the face. Thanks!

kerry spencer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.