Thursday, June 10, 2010

Paige Benton Brown Video- "But My Coward Heart Fears to Give Up Its Toys"

Found this video of Paige Benton Brown talking about "The Responsive Heart". You have to fast forward through the first bit to get to her.



In the end she quotes the following prayer by A.W. Tozer:
"Father, I want to know Thee,
but my coward heart fears to give up its toys.
I cannot part with them without inward bleeding,
and I do not try to hide from Thee the terror of the parting.
I come trembling, but I do come.
Please root from me heart all those things which I have cherished so long
and which have become a very part of my living self,
so that Thou mayest enter and dwell there with-out a rival.
Then shall my heart have no need of the sun to shine it it, f
or Thyself wilt be in the light of it,
and there shall be no night there.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen."

No comments: