Thursday, August 7, 2008

Song of the Day

"Less Like Scars"- by Sara Groves

It's been a hard year
But I'm climbing out of the rubble
These lessons are hard
Healing changes are subtle
But every day it's

Less like tearing, more like building
Less like captive, more like willing
Less like breakdown, more like surrender
Less like haunting, more like remember

Chorus:
And I feel You here And You're picking up the pieces
Forever faithful
It seemed out of my hands, a bad situation
But You are able
And in Your hands the pain and hurt
Look less like scars and more like Character

Less like a prison, more like my room
It's less like a casket, more like a womb
Less like dying, more like transcending
Less like fear, less like an ending

Chorus

Just a little while ago I couldn't feel the power or the hope
I couldn't cope, I couldn't feel a thing
Just a little while back I was desperate, broken, laid out, hoping
You would come

And I need You And I want You here And I feel You

Chorus

**********************************************

Wow.  He will pick up the pieces and in His hands my fears, doubts and hurt goes from dying to transcending.  But only if I commit my life and my situations to His hands.  Otherwise, I am "dying" and "fearing" in my prison.  The prison of my self pity.

That sounds gross.  Who wants to be in a prison of their own self pity?  Well, most of the time that's what I choose by not choosing Him.

Here's to making better choices.

1 comment:

Xaris said...

I love that song...it seems it's always been relevant to me.